How would you like to:
· Lose fat,
· Build muscle without working out,
· Have more energy,
· Have more stamina,
· Be motivated,
· Think clearly,
· Banish depression,
· Get rid of acne,
· No more aches and pains,
· Sleep better at night,
· No more migraines,
· No more mood swings
· Improve dental health,
· Heal hormone systems,
· Lower your cholesterol,
· Reverse or control diabetes,
· Get off your medications,
· Lower your risk for cancer and auto immune diseases like Alzheimer’s,
· Look 20 years younger,
· Feel 20 years younger,
· Live longer,
· And LOSE FAT!
And how would you like to do that:
· Without spending money on a club,
· Without spending money on pills,
· Eating yummy food until you are full,
· Never being hungry any more,
· No more cravings for carbs and sugar,
· Eating ordinary things you can buy at the grocery store.
How can I do all that?
Eat a ketogenic diet: cut out the carbs, eat moderate protein and lots of natural fats.
Isn’t ketosis dangerous?
You are thinking of ketoacidosis, which is a side effect of unmanaged Type 1 Diabetes. I am talking about Nutritional Ketotsis which is very healthy.
How does a ketogenic diet work?
When we eat any sugar or carbs, even complex carbs, they are turned into glucose. Insulin puts the glucose into the cells, stores glucose in the muscles and the liver, and leftover glucose is turned into fat. Then insulin tells the brain to send more sugar and carbs, creating hunger and cravings. As long as insulin is pestering us for more carbs and storing all the fat, it is very difficult to lose weight. After many years of eating a high carb diet, our cells start to become insulin resistant, and they are not able to absorb the glucose, so less glucose is used for energy and more glucose is stored as fat, our cells starve. This becomes a vicious cycle of hunger, cellular starvation, and our bodies getting fatter and fatter.
What can be done about it?
Your body is designed like a hybrid car, with TWO systems for fuel. Your body can burn glucose (sugar and carbs) OR fat. Insulin burns glucose, but glucagon burns fat. But, just like the hybrid car, you can’t burn them both at the same time. You have to turn off the insulin and turn on the glucagon. To do this, you must stop eating sugar and carbs for energy, and start eating fat for energy.
But don’t you need carbs for energy? Doesn’t everyone in school tell us to eat carbs? Aren’t carbs good for us? And isn’t fat dangerous?
There are no “essential” carbs, but there are “essential” proteins and fat. Your body can make glucose out of protein and fat (gluconeogenesis). The lobbyists for the Dept. of Agriculture want us to buy as many carbs as possible, so they developed the grain-based Food Pyramid. Doctors who disagreed with the Food Pyramid lost their funding. Look around you. Are people heavier or thinner? Healthier or less healthy? Carbs and insulin cause diseases obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Even though everyone says fat is bad for you, there are NO studies that link eating fat to heart disease. Nature designed cholesterol to heal. Every cell membrane in your body is made out of fat. Indigenous people like Eskimos, Native Americans, Africans, Pacific Islanders, and Aborigines, all ate low-carb, high fat diets for centuries and they were strong and healthy, until they started eating the grain-based Western Diet. Then they became obese and started having Diseases of Western Civilization like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, cavities, and dementia.
How do I eat a ketogenic diet?
· You need to eat about 5% (20 g) carbs, 15% - 30% protein, and the rest fat.
· Get rid of all: sugar, grains, bread, pasta, beans, peas, corn, rice, flour, sweets, soda, milk, yogurt, alcohol, juice, and fruit (fruit has too much sugar). Also, get rid of all vegetable oils and margarine because they are man-made from grains and our bodies cannot use them for energy or building cells.
· For every meal, have leafy greens (kale, broccoli, spinach, etc.) add meat with all the fat (chicken, beef, pork, eggs, bacon, etc.) and add extra fat to it (butter, drippings, coconut oil, cheese, mayo, sour cream, etc.) You can eat until you are full. You don’t need to count calories. If you get hungry or cravings during the day, have more protein or fat. Be sure to drink lots of water.
· At first, your body will be confused by the lack of carbs, and you will have less energy, and still be hungry and have cravings. Just keep eating as much as you like of the ketogenic diet, but not carbs. After a few days or a week, insulin will become less active and glucagon will be released. Glucagon will tell the liver to turn the dietary fat into ketones, which do many useful things: feed starving cells, heal damaged cells, feed your brain for better function, and give your body energy. You will know you are in ketosis by more energy, and clear thinking, and less appetite, no more cravings.
· Without insulin packing away all that fat inside of you, glucagon will start to release all your stored fat for more fuel, and you will start losing weight. Since insulin will not be making you hungry or giving you cravings, you will be able to easily resist carbs and stay on the new way of eating.
· The longer you eat like this, the more cells will heal throughout your body and in all your organs. Your hormones will also heal and balance out, which will cause your body to build muscle and regulate your sex hormones.
· Sometimes the weight does not come off right away as your body has to focus on major healing issues first.
Doesn’t eating fat make you fat?
No. There is no system in your body that turns fat into fat. The liver turns carbs into fat, and turns fat into usable ketones, but any excess fat that you eat just passes through your body.
How about I just cut out the carbs and eat more protein?
That will not work, because your body turns excess protein into glucose, triggering insulin which turns it into fat. You want to avoid triggering insulin as much as possible. Protein is a poor energy source, so without energy from carbs or fat you will feel tired and crummy. You only need to eat
enough protein to maintain your lean body weight.
Won’t this make my cholesterol and blood pressure worse?
Because your body will be burning cholesterol, instead of storing it, your cholesterol numbers and blood pressure will both go down.
Why hasn’t my doctor told me about this?
Many doctors just don’t know. Doctors are trained to sell drugs, not manage nutrition. They also get kickbacks from prescribing drugs. They don’t make money when you are healthy.
How long do I have to stay on this diet?
Only as long as you want to stay slender, healthy, strong, energetic and clear headed. If you go back to burning glucose, you will go back to all your old problems. This is forever.
What’s the catch? Who do I have to pay? Where to you want me to sign up? What’s in it for you?
No catch, no money, no signing up. I just want to see you live a long, healthy, energetic, happy life. If you want more information, You can google nutritional ketosis, ketogenic diet, or low-carb high-fat diet. There are lots of books, Facebook pages, and YouTubes with more information.
(Copy righted: maybe not be reprinted for profit, but permission granted to redistribute for free.)